When discussing interior design or making a plan to renovate our home, only a few of us would remember to mention the bathroom interior design. Bathroom designs are taken for granted but in fact, the do play an important role in the overall planning of a home.
One of the main reasons for such an omission of bathroom design consideration is because we usually perceive this space as the utilitarian area which has to be rather more than beautiful, or maybe because its small size creates the impression that it will be easy to decorate it. In fact, bathroom ideas require the same degree of complexity as any other space in the house
At Essential Homeware & Interiors we provide you that creatively designed modern bathrooms with a unique touch that will offer both a pleasant ambiance and functionality. We can also help you turn your old bathrooms space into stylish havens with an interesting and exciting beautiful design.
TIPS ON HOW TO PLAN AND DECORATE YOUR BATHROOM
Creating the perfect bathroom is tricky business, especially considering the integral and necessary practicality of it all. However, there are a few actions you can take to ensure that your bathroom meets all your needs as a place to relax, unwind and indulge. Below are few designs tips to consider:
- Layout Design – think about the layout of your bathroom before you start making any stylistic decisions. Figure out placement and the flow of the room first. If you’re designing from scratch, including layout and installation, make sure there is comfortable flow within the room. For example, when the bathroom door is open, make sure that the first thing you see is relaxing and aesthetically pleasing. For example, a dividing wall, a beautiful bath or walk-in shower – just not the toilet! If you are lucky enough to have a nice view from the bathroom window, then position your bath so that you can enjoy it while relaxing. These are all things to consider when thinking about the floor plan, and don’t even think about colours or styles until you know where, what and how things will be. Don’t underestimate the design potential of your bathroom, and as always, have fun with it
Tile, whether on the floor, around the shower or covering the entire room, is one of the biggest investments you can make to elevate your bathroom space. Endless choices, from gleaming glass to traditional marble, ensure that there are options for every budget and every style. The sleek, clean lines and various sizes and shapes of available tile serve as the ideal base to create a harmonious and relaxing space. At Essential Homewares & Interiors, we will help you choose simpler patterns and colors in order to achieve a luxurious, hotel-style bathroom that’s bathed in sumptuous elegance.
- Storage Type – Use a mix of concealed and open storage so you can tuck away the unsightliness, and display the beautiful bottles and items you use every day
Cabinetry is an essential component in any bathroom space. Not only will cabinets help to solidify your preferred design style, they’re also a must for storing those everyday necessities that you prefer to keep out of sight. Today’s cabinets are available in a wide range of colors and styles, from traditional pieces with sculpted feet to edgy, modern cabinets designed to hang directly on the wall. Regardless of what you choose, the professionals at Essential Homewares & Interiors will help you choose cabinetry that will help you to achieve the design aesthetic you prefer, whether modern or vintage, traditional or eclectic.
- Choice of Colour – Colour-match your bathroom tiles with painted bathtubs or bathroom furniture. If you’re designing from scratch, including layout and installation, make sure there is comfortable flow within the room. For example, when the bathroom door is open, make sure that the first thing you see is relaxing and aesthetically pleasing. For example, a dividing wall, a beautiful bath or walk-in shower – just not the toilet! If you are lucky enough to have a nice view from the bathroom window, then position your bath so that you can enjoy it while relaxing. These are all things to consider when thinking about the floor plan, and don’t even think about colours or styles until you know where, what and how things will be.
- You can remodel your complete bathroom, or simply adjust the painting. The bathroom designs for home are as simple as that. Believe it or not, the effect will still be the same. A lick of vibrant and bright colors in a modern setting can revitalize your bathroom in few minutes, and make it as lively as it never was before. The overall room image can improve easily and without spending too much money.If you want to stay in style, think of more natural and earthy colors, including whites, beiges, browns, grays, or even smooth greens. You can both paint the walls or apply wallpaper – if the room is small, the entire process will be finished in few hours only. Your designer bathroom may be easier to accomplish that you believed.
Repainting your bathroom to make it look newer is also an affordable practice, as it takes only a single tin of color, both with daring settings and traditional ones. While thinking of it, consider the ceiling too, and choose the color that complements the most the rest of the décor. A simple bathroom shower can look beautiful within hours and you will hardly recognize it.
- Managing Space – You should try and maximise the space that you have. Don’t be afraid to use a bold, statement pattern, even in a small room. A well-designed space beats a space that overcompensates for its size. Go bold with wallpaper and wall coverings. Use pattern, colour and scale to give a real intrigue to your space. The bottom line is not to overlook the design potential that your bathroom can provide. No matter the size or shape of your bathroom, give it the same attention that you would give a bedroom, living room or kitchen. Then you might finally get round to having that lovely, long bath you promised yourself.
Nothing spells luxury more than an open concept shower. Clear, frameless glass provides a modern touch and allows the sleek, clean tile you’ve chosen to become an artistic masterpiece in the space. To increase the feel of luxury, be sure to incorporate some high-end options such as seating, multiple shower heads, steam and even waterproof speakers.
Even if it is way cheaper, a plain monochromatic floor won’t work for your ultra-exiting new bathroom, at least not in the case of Spanish or Morocco- inspired one. Usually, the monochromatic floor suits small bathroom ideas.
The bathrooms design planning allows you to be creative, and to apply all the patterns you think would be cheerful and would make you feel good each time you go to the bathroom. The latest bathroom designs are a pleasure for the eye, but also offer a very comfortable space, either it is a small bathroom or the size of a big living room.
- Selecting the right basin – After you’ve made decisions on your cabinets, spend a great deal of time selecting the right basin for your space. They have the ability to transform your chosen cabinetry and create a luxurious level of elegance and modern style. Basins are a perfect place to add a touch of color and texture that will enliven your new bathroom. Whether you choose the contemporary feel of a modern vessel sink or the more traditional style of an undermount sink, you’ll be tying in a functional element that will add just the right amount of flair and drama to your bath.
- Bathtubs – If you still adore the concept of soaking in a bathtub after a hard day’s work, don’t shy away from placing a large tub in your space. No matter what your interior design preference, there are tubs available to match your style. A stunning claw foot tub will add a stupendous touch to a traditional or vintage space, while a sleek stainless tub will become a stately, modern element that creates a contemporary vibe.
- Lights in the bathroom
Instead of leaving them last, consider the choice of lights first, as they have a major role in the mood of your new bathroom. Besides, picking lights won’t be that daunting or expensive, especially if your current fixtures need some gentle remodeling touch instead of a complete replacement. Any modern bathroom design considers the lights as an important part of the development of the design patterns in general.
When it comes to ceiling-mounted lighting, try not to skip it, as visibility means the world to your bathroom interiors. If you prefer it to be more stylish than the regular, you can always add your favorite chandelier, a couple of scented candles, vapor-proof down-light paths, or focused shower cabin lights. For more luxurious ideas, you can easily find inspiration in the Indian bathroom designs, where comfort and luxury are a match made in Heaven.
However, not that the bathroom is usually small, so don’t put too many fixtures. It is always better to pick the right one and give it the attention it deserves. Bathroom styles come in a lot of colors and patterns and finding the right beautiful bathroom idea takes time.
- Do some mirror work
The first and most visible sign of an outdated bathroom is its dull plate-glass which shows the tear, wear, and all other damage from the past, and it is, therefore, the first thing that needs to change in the bathroom.
The simple bathroom tiles design are reflecting in a big mirror completely different. Also, a mirror makes a small bathroom design look much bigger and it brings a lot of light in the space. You can go off the line even here, and choose a framed, significantly bigger alternative for your current mirror, either purchased in the store or made by you. The bathroom designs for small spaces are usually organized around the mirror.
- Put a touch of class – After you’ve selected the larger elements for your project, the last step in your bathroom renovation should be to choose the small touches that will elevate it from a mere bathroom to an everyday experience. The right fixtures, lighting, towels, accents and artwork will add to the overall ambience and help you create the bath of your dreams.
As it is always when it comes to interior design, big differences are driven by small changes, meaning that even a new shower curtain rod can contribute to the fresh looks of your small bathroom. Far from being restrictive, small bathroom design ideas can offer a lot of space for creativity instead.
What this is supposed to tell you is that a bathroom redecoration doesn’t require excessive replacements and expensive changes, but paying attention to the right details instead. If you happen to doubt about it, think what a couple of new hooks or a vase of fresh flowers could do for your bathroom. Simple apartment bathroom decorating ideas are in fact very easy, if you have the right inspiration.
The main idea behind bathroom design is to create a space which feels homey but looks modern, and that’s a challenging task but not impossible to achieve. These decorating accessories are everywhere around us, and their cost is rather modest, but you have to know how to combine them in a contemporary theme which can easily catch the eye. A simple bathroom can be done faster than you thought.
Finally, pick up the tiny pieces that are missing, and choose even the simplest detail with passion. Feel free to spend hours looking for a hand-wash dispenser or a soap holder, because you’re decorating one of the most important rooms in the home. Bathroom decorating ideas are simple, but you also need a bit of experience to create the right environment.
Regardless of your style, your bathroom should be a relaxing place, full of luxurious elements that not only show off your personality but evoke a true feeling of peace and serenity. At Essential Homewares & Interiors we will help you go the extra mile to find the right little touches that can make your bathroom both cozy and luxurious. Bathroom designs are versatile and usually easy to implement.